Take charge by thinking ahead and being aware of your surroundings.
- Bring a whistle with you
- In uncertain areas bring pepper spray
- Bring a cell phone, and all someone if you feel threatened
- Wear an ID tag on your shoe
- Tell someone where you will be running, and when you should be back
- Use your instincts – turn around if you feel uneasy on a certain street
- It’s best not to wear any device in your ear, but if you do, keep the sound as low as possible and one ear uncovered.
- If threatened, swing your elbow at the head of the attacker, put fingers in the eyes, kick in the groin
Jeff Galloway Resources: www.jeffgalloway.com Visit the E-Shop where you will find “Galloway’s 5K /10K” and other books for your running library. You will also find training tips, training groups, running retreats and more.
Join us in Atlanta for the 2017 Jeff Galloway Race Weekend! To register or find out more information on the JG 13.1, The Double G, Barb’s 5K, Fit Kids Run and other weekend events go to: https://jeffgalloway131.com